Substitute Library Aide
The Elmwood Public Library is accepting applications for the position of Substitute Library Aide. This part-time position has an anticipated start of mid-December. The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule and be willing to work fluctuating morning, afternoon, and evening hours on an as needed basis. Potential for more consistent days/hours in spring and summer.
Reports to the Library Director.
Training and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have two years of previous experience working in a library or customer service setting. They will be a professional who has:
- Computer and technology proficiency that includes but is not limited to: copying, scanning, faxing, emailing, and Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work well with the general public – all ages, beliefs, and backgrounds.
- Both oral and written communication skills.
- A commitment to public service and patron privacy.
- Perform circulation desk duties consisting of checking in and out materials, registering new patrons, running reports and notices, and placing holds for patrons.
- Provide reader’s advisory and reference services.
- Maintain a clean and organized library by shelf reading, shelving returned materials, refilling and switching out displays, and completing basic cleaning tasks.
- Assist patrons with computer and other technology use.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and executing programs such as children’s storytime.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will regularly be required to stand, walk, and sit for periods of time. They will also need to climb or balance, kneel, and crouch. Tasks involve hand/finger use for keyboarding, writing, filing, sorting, and shelving. Lifting/moving up to 50lbs is also required.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person at Elmwood Public Library by Friday, November 19th.
Elmwood Public Library
111 N. Main St., P.O. Box 55
Elmwood, WI 54740
Monday: 10am - 5pm
Tuesday: 10am - 5pm
Wednesday: 10am - 5pm
Thursday: 3pm - 7pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm
Monday, September 6th: Labor Day
Tuesday, September 7th: System Upgrade